Hearing aid fitting process:
- Initial Fitting. This appointment lasts between 60 and 90 minutes.
- Orientation. We will thoroughly review care, use, maintenance, insertion and removal of the device from your ear and expectations for initial hearing aid use.
- Hearing Aids are Fit Prescriptively. The volume of the hearing aid and general functionality are determined by an algorithm created by the manufacturer that incorporates your individual hearing test results. This prescriptive formula has been shown to be a good starting point for the vast majority of hearing aid users. Don’t be surprised if that initial starting point sounds a little loud or abrasive; you will be hearing many sounds you have not heard for years.
- Verification. We will verify the quality of the fit by conducting an automated test called a real ear or probe microphone measure. This measure may use actual speech or a calibrated tone. This measure will ensure the hearing aid has been customized to your hearing loss and ears.
- Batteries. You will be given a punch card to receive continued battery replacements as well as instructions on how they are to be changed and discarded.
- Care and Maintenance. You will also be given an instruction booklet, cleaning tool, and something to store the hearing aids in when not in use.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed. We are committed to answering your questions, offering reassurance and guidance during all aspects of the appointment and throughout your 45 day trial period.
- Timely Follow-up. We routinely pre-schedule follow-up appointments to ensure patient satisfaction.